Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thankfulness and Contentment

I have 2 projects to share that go along with my these this week of thankfulness and contentment. 

THANKFULNESS PROJECT 
About a week ago I shared the little gratitude boxes that I made for the mixed media challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. On Monday afternoons during the school year, I do arts and crafts and bible journaling with a group of kids. It is part of our church program for youths. We have about 40 kids from kindergarten to 6th grades. Every week we have snacks, music, bible story, games, and crafts/ bible journaling with the kids. Our youth pastor asked if I could have the kids help me thank the ladies who provide the delicious snacks every week. I knew I wanted to do GRATITUDE BOXES. I had the kids do ink spray smash technique onto half a piece of cardstock. The cardstock was also scored into 8 sections. They signed each section. The kids had such a blast making these. Today after letting them all dry I cut them apart and put them into 8 stacks. I tied the stacks with twine and a stick. I made little boxes to hold the stack. 


To make the boxes, I laid one of the cards out and added 1/2 inch on all sides. I scored each side at 1/2 inch. At each corner I cut a slit up to the fold mark. I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to hold the boxes together. I like Aleene's Tacky Glue because it takes hold quickly. I only had to hold the the corners together for about 15 seconds and it held. I like that it dries clear. 


Didn't these turn out so cute? I think the ladies are going to love receiving these. 


CONTENTMENT PROJECT



I thought I would let you see the project first before I told you about it. You are probably thinking, what does a dragon have to do with being content. I will tell you. Last week I tried to sign up for being a Growing in Unity gal. I really wanted to do it because, who doesn't want the chance to have $50 worth of stamps that you don't have to pay for. Well, I didn't win that chance. For a second or two I started to feel sad then I quickly snapped out of it. I chose to think about all the wonderful stamps that I already have. I purposely chose to be content. I chose to use a stamp that I have had for 6 years. I used it to make a card for a little boy who was hit by a car and was severely injured. His mother has requested cards to cheer him up.
 Jacob Dill
601 Summit Avenue
Johnstown PA 15905

Is there someone you need to thank? Can you think of one thing to be content with?

I do have one more thing to do. I have been meaning to do it for awhile and today is the day. I have 2 followers who are the most amazing ladies filled with the gift of encouragement. Verna and Maxine. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I read and treasure each and everyone. Everyone needs a Verna and a Maxine in their lives. I am glad that you are in mine.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting mixed media crafting projects!! It's wonderful that you are sharing your crafting talents with your church youth group! May God bless you and that ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful and artfully constructed projects. I love all of them. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate you too and your inspiring work.

      Delete