Friday, November 29, 2019

Beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit - 1 Peter 3 :3-4

 With Thanksgiving, Turkeys are usually the birds you think about, but today I am thankful and my project has a beautiful peacock on it. Thankful for my friend Tiffany who sent me this gorgeous peacock napkin and thankful for my friend Lee Ann, who video crafted with me today as we both used this napkin to journal in our bibles.  When I saw the peacock, I thought I would do a scripture on not being proud. Tiffany had suggested 1 Peter 3:3-4 which encourages women to not spend time worrying about outward beauty but to focus on inward beauty. A Gentle and Quiet Spirit. I cut the napkin to fit in my interleaved New Testament bible. I glued it down by putting Aleene's Tacky Glue on the page. I smoothed the glue out with my finger and placed the napkin down. I used Nuvo Aqua Shimmer to add sparkle to the eyes of the feathers and the head and neck of the peacock. I used Nuvo crystal glaze over the eye and the little feathers on his head. I knew I wanted to bring part of the scripture onto the napkin page. I decided to take a brown plain paper bag. I wrote the sentiment and tore around the edges. I choose the plainness intentionally to contrast with the outward beauty of the peacock.





I usually just underline the scripture that I'm focusing on with my art page. Today I decided to do something out of my comfort zone. I decided to take blue water color and highlight the scripture.




2 comments:

  1. I love that beautiful peacock. The colors are awesome and so realistic.

    ReplyDelete