Thursday, November 21, 2019

Gratitude Boxes.

This week the mix-ability challenge for SCS was to be inspired by these Gratitude Boxes
I really liked the idea of the gratitude boxes so I decided to go all in. I made my boxes by taking a square slightly larger than my "cards" and I added a half inch around. I scored on the half inch mark and folded the edges up. I made a slit at each of the corners to make them lay flat. Not fancy boxes, but they are just what holds the goodies.  Here is how my first box looked when finished.  

The cards I put in my little box were made from 1 monotype that I made using 
preview-barley
Isn't this a fabulous stencil?
To get the look on my monotype, It was part of a 3 step process. I placed the stencil directly to the gel plate. I brayered over the stencil with gold and brown paint. I pulled the stencil up and made my first print. Because there was still paint on the stencil I flipped it and placed that paint on the gel plate I quickly brayered some more paint over the stencil. When I lifted the stencil and made a print, I got a print that was mostly filled in with just a few white spaces so you could see the design. It almost looked like I outlined the image with white, but this is just how the print looked. The little bits of purple and blue were "left over goodies" from my gel plate. 


I don't know if you can see it, but each card in my box had 3 squares of cardstock. The first was a white square of cardstock. I then glued a smaller monotype square on top of the white. Then I made 4  paper mechanisms to make the top and smallest square pop up. This shows the side view of the paper mechanisms. 


 Had so much fun I made a second one. 



The monotype I used for these 4 cards was done with ARTplorations Peacock Feathers
preview-peacockfeathers
I did the feathers part in blues, green and turquoise and then I made an orange,  pink and yellow print over the top. 
I kept these cards more simple than the first set. It had a monotype square glued to a white cardstock square.
SheryRuss_ButterflyRow2x6-preview
on the monotype. I painted the butterflies with white paint. I used a teal and peach marker to color the butterflies in. I added Nuvo Aqua glimmer to the wings and Nuvo Crystal glaze for their bodies. I outlined the squares with a black sharpie. 


Here is a close up to try and show you the glitter on the wings and how shiny the bodies of the butterflies are. 


I know you are going to want to add some of STAMPlorations wonderful products to your crafty stash. You can use my discount code to get 20% off your purchase price.
Happy Crafting. 

3 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I love that you went all in! I'm thinking of making the boxes for our Thanksgiving table this year and your boxes have inspired me to monoprint them with ease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing wee boxes MariLynn - they are beautiful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete