Friday, November 1, 2019

Coffee Lovers Fall/Winter Blog Hop Card #1

Image may contain: text

Time again for another fun Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I had a lot of fun making this mixed media card. I started by making the background. I used:

 ARTplorations stencils called AUTUMN FALLING.
preview-web-stencil-autumn-falling
And 
preview-web-stencil-daisyplay

I used my gel plate and acrylic paints along with the stencils to make this multi layered  monotype. I used pink with blues and traditional colors of fall reds, yellow, greens, browns... I was actually just playing around but I really like how the end result was. Can you see the leaves and flowers layered over eachother. The clearest flower I think is right over the cups. I have a tutorial on STAMPlorations on a similar monotype using AUTUMN FALLING. You can see that HERE

preview-framedteacups
I water colored them and fussy cut them out. I hand lettered the sentiment. For a year I have been practicing my own hand lettering. I still have a long way to go but I like how this turned out. 


SuperSponsor -STAMPlorations has a great selection of Coffee/Tea themed products. You can check them out HERE



If you decide to add any of those great products to your crafty stash, you can use my discount code to get an extra 20% off your order. 
.



44 comments:

  1. Wonderful card...fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loe the super cool background, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is wonderful and so cool that you are doing your own hand lettering. I hope you have a really good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome background to show off the cups and the wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stack cups goes so well with your fantastic background....way to go and tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta LOVE COFFEE! Awesome creation! Love your geli plate background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab hand lettering and I love the teacup stack. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hand lettering is terrific. And so is the background. I love the stacked teacups too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your background and the stacked coffee cups - and your sentiment!!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background, beautiful teacups!! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty MariLynn! That background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MariLynn... that is fabulous mixed media card. LOVE the cups and your background

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesomely beautiful card! Love the beautiful
    coloring of the stacked cups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your background is gorgeous!
    Great hand lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful piece of art MariLynn - your lettering is wonderful and those cups look so 'real'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this colorful card - beautifully done:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the stacked cups and the pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous card! I have this stamp and just love what you did with your background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing card, I love blue shades!

    ReplyDelete