Friday, January 25, 2013

warm and fuzzy

The challenge at SCS for today was to make a warm and fuzzy card.We were to bring warm and fuzzy because it is so cold. I made these two cards. I had a picture in my mind when I started, and neither card actually turned out how I wanted them to, but I really like how my second card looks. Today was kind of a crazy crafting day. I started my second card first but even though my first cards was stamped second, I finished it first. How my first card is warm ...I used "warm" colors -browns with my cool blues and greens. I used a sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers set called Christmas Music. It says "YOU WARM MY HEART". The other Mark's Finest Papers set I used is called  JUST A NOTE. I stamped the treble clef and music notes on the circle and next to the sentiment. I also punched a little heart out of the stamped sheet music.



 My second card that I started first was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, I did embossing resist technique. Before I embellished it, I thought that the white sheet music was just too light to be warm. That is why I stamped the second card. However, after it sat on my desk for awhile, I began to imagine the possibilities. I was inspired by this card. It showed a triple tiered easel card. Since I had made a triple easel card earlier this month, I thought I would like to try this way of doing a triple easel. How this card is warm...? Well, I started thinking along this path... Warm-sunshine- light. So the scripture from my Daydream Designs worked perfectly. I think the sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers set called LIGHTHOUSES worked well with the scripture it says LIGHT THE WAY. I embellished with more quilled roses ( I am kinda addicted to them.), floral filler,  a butterfly from Mark's Finest Paper set called CRACKED HELLO, want2scrap bling for the butterfly trail.






I am entering my second card in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy these last few days!
    This triple tiered card made ma gasp! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilynn,

    As one of your new DT co members of Daydream Designs, just wanted to stop by and say hello, and to let you know that I am now a follower.

    Gosh your creations are just stunning!! I'm already a fan, and am looking forward to all the inspiration.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards MariLynn - love the detil of the stitching on the first, you have really naild the circular stitching!
    The second card is stunning - love the emboss resist, and the orange against the blues is a wonderful feature,
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous cascade of flowers on this one. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for linking up this card with us as well, Marilynn. You are such a blessing to me.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing!! Beautiful and such a great design! I admire the work you put into it.
    I have a board on Pinterest that's all butterflies and wings, you'd might find some inspiration there...not that you need any, your ideas are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete