Friday, January 4, 2013

A friend loves at all times

Isn't this little girl cute? When Dawn challenged on SCS F4A150 FROSTY FRIENDSHIPS- for us to make a card with snowflakes for a friend, I knew right away which image I would use. She is a colored digi from my Daydream Designs calledSnowbaby Love Color Digi Set. I also used my Daydream Designs digi paper from Winter Chill Digi Paper Pack, The sentiment is from my Daydream Designs Snowbaby Love Sentiment Set. There are so many sentiments in this set to choose from. I added 5 punched snowflakes and lots of glitter and glue. I sewed the panels, as well as the "snow" patch. I cut out the digital handle for the sled and replaced it with thin black cording. I thought for awhile about who would get this card. I decided to send it to my good friend from high school, Sharon. I haven't been able to see her for many years, but with the magic of facebook we have connected and keep up with what is going on in eachother's lives. I just wish I could be there to see the smile when she opens up this thinking of you... I sent you a card just because you are my friend card!   I am entering this in  Word Art Wednesday #61

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I adore all the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card MariLynn! Love the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this MariLynn with all the sparkle and contrast of the warm colours on the girl.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn,
    Your card made me smile. I love Diane's Digi's and you have made a lovely piece of art. Taking snowballs to a friend....to fortify a friendly snow skirmish or to build a snowball fort, who knows?
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Lord Bless you and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable, sparkly sensational card, MariLynn. Indeed, Sharon will smile...she'll love getting this sweet expression of friendship. Lovin' all that glitter, girlfriend. You definitely got your sparkle on with this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the glitter on this, and really like how you've made a winter wonderland out of the image and card. Great job! The glitter is the perfect touch - and lots of it I always say!!! LOL
    Thanks for sharing with us again this week, Marilynn. I always LOVE seeing your entries and visiting your blog. Hope this finds you well, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sweet card and all it's sparkly snow! Your friend is going to love it! Hope you're having a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, this is so CUTE Marilynn!! Love all the sparkly snow. Great job with these papers and digis! *Ü* Hope you're having a wonderful week so far. Blessings my friend,
    kris

    ReplyDelete