Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Creature- warm colors




It turned cold and started snowing outside. I was nice and warm in my stamping area and I choose to use warm colors on this card. This card is for THE SWEET STOP SSS193 challenge. I used SWEET AND SASSY - NEW CREATURE DIGITAL STAMP for the sentiment and the butterfly. I took two close up photos of the butterfly to try and show the dimension of the butterfly. I don't know if you can see it in the photos, but I took gold paint and a toothbrush and splattered gold paint over the dp. I used some of my hoarded Want 2 Scrap bling for the butterfly trail. I stitched the panels to my card.  I am also entering this in WORD ART WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE 62 where the scripture for this challenge is "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."Psalm 51-10.  I love how that scripture goes with the one on my card.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marilynn! This card is SO pretty. I love the butterfly and all the sweet touches. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week. I appreciate it because I know you're probably not interested in winning a MFP stamp set, but you still played along, and that means A LOT. Your participation means a lot, and I just LOVE seeing your sweet creations. Hope you're having a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card - love the dimension you have in the butterfly!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, your card is beautiful. I just love the dimensional butterfly with the bling trail. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! The butterfly detail is gorgeous and I really like your colours and papers. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly flourish and the warm papers contribute to the beauty of your card Marilynn! Love the stitching, the lacey border and the encouraging scripture! Thanks so much for joining us once again at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!! I love the colors you used! That butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card actually is warm and friendly. The colors are rich and the whole thing is rich. The white border and white cardstock with the verse really set the whole thing off. I couldn't find the toothbrush marking.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete