Friday, January 18, 2013

get packing -not without my coffee

When I started making this card today, I had no plans, and no idea what I was going to create... I love the way the creative process makes me feel when I have no plans or ideas and  I look at the finished card and I  like how it turned out. The Tutorial Time on Speedy TV 32 was packing tape transfer. I had done it before and I didn't really like how it turned out, but my friend Pam inspired me to try it again.I didn't have many magazines and the pictures in them were less than inspiring. What finally caught my eye was a home improvement photo of a stair case that they had painted the steps orange and turquoise and had stenciled a design on the stairs.(As a side note, I thought the stairs look hideous and so not my style, but I like how the colors looked together.) I felt like the cups from Mark's Finest Papers set called OH BEANS would go with my packing tape strip. I stamped the cups in alternating colors. The Friday Free For All challenge at SCS -152 was to use banners. So I used the sentiment from the Oh Beans set for my banner. I knew I wanted to use a page from my encyclopedia for the background. Currently the encyclopedia(bound dp) that I have on my desk is the H encyclopedia. I just opened it up to a page and tore it out. As I was putting my card together, I noticed that on the page I had taken out, was the article on Haiti. It mentioned coffee 3 times.(one of the times is under the packing tape strip.) I thought it would be neat, since my card was about coffee, to circle the words. I was so excited about finding the word "coffee"on the page.

7 comments:

  1. Marilynn,
    What a pretty card - I love, love the colors and the technique turned out perfect! I really wouldn't want those steps in my house either - but I love the colors for the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Marilynn, I am so glad you decided to play:) This turned out so fabulous with fun finds. How cool that coffee was mentioned. Isn't it nice how the moon, the sun and the stars were aligned and helped you make this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny what turns out just from things that we see. I love how wonderful this card was done and brillant ideas!!! Lovely work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. MariLynn this is fabulous - love all the elements and how they have come together. Must have a look at that techique.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't great when the creative stars align. The colours are fabulous but you're right, not on my stairs! What a fantastic coincidence on the encyclopedia page. Love it! I wasn't thrilled with this technique but I think you may have inspired me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love those colors in your strip and the doodles on your cups.

    ReplyDelete