Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mark's Finest Papers Jan Blog Hop- love love love



   January Blog Hop! 

This month's New Stamp Set Releases are
Fantastic Dogs Featured January 15
No Sour Grapes Featured January 16
In My Den Featured January 17
Love, Love, Love Featured January 18

Please hop along with us! You have a chance 
 to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chances to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be announced on January 19, 2013 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11PM EST on Friday January 18,2013.


Happy New Year!!! Welcome to the first blog hop of 2013! We are so excited to share the great stamp sets we are releasing this month and the months to come. 



 The special stamp set we have for you this month is:
" OH Baby"
 

The mini stamp set we have for you this month is

"Not So Ugly"
 

Pam 
Toni 
Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co 

 I wanted my card using this set to look like a Victorian Valentine.  I took some of the sentiments from the set and made a text block on my acrylic block. On my card I embellished it with pearl stick pins, a tea stained paper doily, I used a MS decorative edge punch to go around my text block. I added floral filler, a cream colored ribbon, handmade-quilled roses made from paper bags, twine and a little key charm. I tied a bow in the twine after running it through the key. I then sprayed the twine with water and wrapped it around the handle of a paint brush. When it was dry it was curled. The paper bag roses have gold paint splattered on them. It was hard to get that to show up in this photo. 




Here is a card with a totally different look. I was going for CAS which is so out of my comfort zone. This is the card I made for the Splitcoast Color Combo challenge.  I used a different sentiment from this set.










16 comments:

  1. Love these cards MariLynn - the first is so feminine and really pretty, and the second is really dramatic - well done on going CAS!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage valentine is absolutely gorgeous. I think you CAS card is lovely too. cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have shown what a versatile set it is - 2 very different cards yet gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so gorgeous!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good use of the images, MariLynn...love both, but that first one is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on your cards!!! Just so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. two fantastic cards. the vintage one is my favorite!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both beautiful!!! I love antique look of the first one!!
    Your CAS style is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are stunning gorgeous. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! The roses are so lovely and the bow is so cute! The second one is so different from the first, but very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MariLynn--I LOVE this card in it's monochromatic neutral tones!!!! It is so elegant! And your little key charm is the perfect embellishment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! Love that border stamp embossed in gold like that! So cool looking! Your word collage looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING! Absolutely adore the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. I love the daintiness of the first one,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! Isn't it fun to be able to create all these different types of cards? I just love it. Love your gorgeous flowers, layers and charm on the first one and then gave an entirely different look with the second! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, I love the first one with the pretty roses.

    ReplyDelete