Friday, January 11, 2013

5 plus stamps - Thinking of You

The Friday Free For All Challenge on Splitcoast  for today was to make a card using at least 5 different stamps.

Here are the 5 stamps and the Mark's Finest Papers sets that they are from:

1.Love Remains- Large Rose
2.Love Remains- Rose Bud
3. Dogwood Blossoms - Dogwood Branch
4.Asian Delights- Cherry Blossom
5.Ivy & Blossoms - Small Blossom


The 6th stamps is the sentiment from the Ivy& Blossoms  set as well

I stamped them in the order listed. I did a lot of masking. When I had stamped everything it looked really busy until I started to color the flowers in. I water colored the flowers. When I was done the colors looked too bright for the roses that I made, so I rubbed a tea bag over the whole page to give it a different look. 
The sketch I used was the Mojo Monday Sketch 275. I am entering this card in Word Art Wednesday Challenge 62 -Hearts. How the Word Art Wednesday challenge spoke to me on this card is how Christ was thinking about me as he went to the cross. The sketch has a cross, albeit a slightly off center cross.



  Last night I made some more handmade roses while I watched tv.  

The following is a song that I listened to over and over as I made this card. It is a beautiful song by Sarah Reeves about how when I have made a mess of my life and I am broken, that I can depend on God totally and completely because He is faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Marilynn! Look at all those lovely flowers. So very pretty, and i am blessed beyond words when you are able to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Have a great week, and thank you for sharing with us!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariLynn this yet another amazing card - love how you created your background, right doen to the tea bag :-).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn,
    I simply couldn't believe what was before my eyes. What a great job you've done, it's amazing. The roses are plentiful this year. lol
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful card!! I can't imagine using 5 stamps on one card. You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete