Wednesday, January 23, 2013

3 Valentines




If you are looking for the Daydream Designs Blog hop scroll down one post.

I was in a Valentine making mood this week. I have 3 cards to share. I was going for a shabby/chic - vintage look. The first card I used the Mojo Monday 227 sketch 
I used the colors for the Splitcoast Stampers Color Combo 410
I embellished it with quilled roses, ribbon, twine, and a little key charm.




My second card uses the Post Card from My Daydream Designs set called SENDING YOU LOVE
The Love sentiment is from My Daydream Designs set called SNOWBABY LOVE SENTIMENT
I used the same colors for the Splitcoast Stamper Color Combo Challenge 410
I embellished with quilled roses, floral filler, ribbon, twine, pearls, and a key charm. I did something else on this card that I rarely think to do. That is, I finished the inside with matching paper and put a heart on the inside.
 



My last card used the same papers, because they were out on my desk. I used the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 388. 
I used the Love from Mark's Finest Papers set called Love love love that I used on the first card.
I also added roses that were quilled out of a page in the encyclopedia. I added my key charm with twine that I tied a bow then curled the ends by getting them wet and wrapping them around my paper stylus. I also added floral filler. I made my card an easel card. I used the hymn THE LOVE OF GOD as my background. It is perfect for any Valentine.
I have always loved the last verse of that hymn...
Could we with ink the ocean fill
and were the skies with parchment made 
were every stalk on earth a quill
and every man a scribe by trade.
To write the love 
of God above
would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll
contain the whole,
though stretched from 
sky to sky.

Neither depth, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor power, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God. 
 Romans 8:38-39


I am going to share my last card with the lovely ladies at Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Marilynn: Your art is always just so beautiful and so inspiring. I'm blessed every single time I see your sweet cards, and I feel so grateful that you continue to share your talents with us by fellowshipping and sharing with us in our challenges. I also wanted to thank you for the sweet comments you've left on some of the other entrants' blogs regarding their art. You have the gift of encouragement, and I'm so delighted to know you and to get to work with you on Daydream Designs. Thanks for being such a joy to know, and for sharing your sweet art in our challenges. May God continue to bless you and use you for His glory.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful, awesome, lovely card glorifying our Lord and Savior. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Marilynn, you have been busy. These are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilynn.
    You have a signature on the cards you make, they are just so BEAUTIFULLY put together. I love seeing your work, I always want to try to copy it to see if I could get to be a better cardmaker.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MariLynn these are beautiful - I particularly love the last one.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the verses and cards! Their beauty and meaning touched my heart. I'm sure the recipients will be blessed, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the easel card that you designed for WAW. It's beautiful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are all beautiful, but the last one is my favorite!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete