Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Gel plate image transfer card using Unity ALLOW YOURSELF

Thinking of fall has me thinking of butterflies. I see more butterflies this time of year than any other. 
I decided to make a gel plate image transfer using Unity's ALLOW YOURSELF butterfly.
Here you can see I stamped it right onto my gel plate. I used black stazon ink. (Don't pay too much attention to the left over paint around it. I don't clean my plate because I like the little surprises of paint that come on subsequent prints.)

 I made sure that the ink was dry before I started the next part. I used a paint brush and acrylic paint to paint the butterfly. Notice I wasn't really careful with the painting. This is a backwards layer so it doesn't really matter as long as I stayed within the "main" butterfly image. Not having to be really specific gives it a more artistic look and is super easy and quick to do. The hard part is waiting for this paint layer to dry before going to the next step.


Today's SCS color challenge CC756 was these three colors:

I tried to match those colors as close as possible to make the background.
After I put down those colors I brayered over the whole plate covering up the butterfly and put my cardstock down to pull a print.


Here is how it looked when I pulled the print.


I added some details with a white gel pen and matted it with black cardstock and mounted on a kraft card.



10 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Gonna try this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would love to see how yours turns out.

      Delete
  2. Awesome technique! A little intimidated in trying....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little scary the first time I tried it. Especially stamping with stazon ink on my plate, but it comes up clean and it really is a fun technique.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness MariLynn, so are so talented with the gelli plate, and blessed that you can think "back to front" as it were with it. This is exquisite - love the colours on the butterfly and how it has all printed. Amazing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a stunning card- I am so going to try this- I love your amazing talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great technique. I am going to give it a try . Bravo

    ReplyDelete