Thursday, September 26, 2019

Fishers of men -Bible journal page with monotype strips

The MIX-Ability challenge at SCS is to use rubberbands. I put rubberbands around a bottle and rolled it in paint on my gel plate. The resulting monotype made me think of seaweed. So I knew I wanted to add some fish.

Since I was thinking fish I decided to put it in my bible journal. I could have picked where Jesus fed the multitude with the loves and fishes, but I decided to use it with when Jesus called the disciples. "And I will make you fishers of men."

 I cut the rubberband monotype into strips and put them in my bible. I drew some fish on another monotype and fussy cut them out. I added some bubbles with a black ink pen and white gel pen.


Since it was about Fisherman, I decided to draw a fishing hook.


I then decided to draw a fishing net. 





5 comments:

  1. How beautiful is your background with the fish- loveing your Bible Journal page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly. I had a lot of fun making this page. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. What a stunning page MariLynn - love the mono-print that inspired your page. Your hand drawn elements are fabulous, especially the net. You have inspired me so much with your prints that I have just ordered a Gelli plate :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The colors and shapes are so appealing to me! ~ You have so many beautiful ideas!! I love looking through, even though I don't always take time to type a comment. Like your "Ring around the rosi" project ~~~ Inspired!!

    ReplyDelete