Wednesday, September 18, 2019

4423 Days






For the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge, SC767 this was the sketch.


I decided to flip it





















 I thought it would be fun to look back at the first sketch card that I ever made.  Here are some stats about my crafting. It has been 4423 days since I did my first sketch challenge. Which breaks into 12 years 1 month and 9 days. It was sketch #135. A lot of time and learning has gone into my style. I love still learning new techniques and perfecting my art.  For this week's challenge I decided to use 3 of my recent gel prints. 


For this gel print I used ARTplorations Peonies All Over Stencil


I cut them into strips and I outlined them with a black marker. 

I took another gel print and stamped STAMPlorations Darling Dog Roses with black stazon ink. I painted the roses and then cut a panel that let the roses be "out of box". I then matted it with another print that was mostly orange and rust. 


After I water colored the roses, I added some shadows with colored pencils and some highlights with a white gel pen. 


I made this into an easel card. I used one of the left over strips to decorate the inside of the easel and use it as a stopper. 




InBloom9-DarlingDogRoses
preview-web-stencil-064-peoniesallover

If you enjoyed this project I would love for you to leave me a comment. I love reading everyone's comments. If you would like to add this roses stamp or peonies stencil to your crafting stash, you can use this discount code to get 20% off your order. 


4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and I admire your process in making this design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna. Your comments mean so much to me. I love coming back to my blog and seeing comments by you and by Maxine. You two are my special angels.

      Delete
  2. Wow - your style certainly has changed MariLynn, but you still use similar colours with the predominantly blues and pinks :)
    Love your interpretation of the sketch for this recent, beautiful, card. Your treatment of the floral stamp is exquisite
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. Your comments mean so much to me. I love coming back to my blog and seeing comments by you and by Verna. You two are my special angels.

      Delete