Monday, September 9, 2019

Bible journaling Luke 13:34

The technique lovers challenge on SCS TLC759 is to pick a way to color an image, especially one that you don't use as your "go to" coloring. I decided to take paper piecing to extreme. I drew this chicken in my journaling bible with a pencil.


I had a pile of "trash" prints from my gel plate. They were done on typing paper and were not prints that I could really see using. I freehand cut the feathers for my chicken from these prints.
I slowly freehand cut, eyeballing the paper to "color" my chicken. I started with the beak. I then did te tail feathers then the legs, then the body and then head,

This is how my chicken looked when I had all the papers glued down.  

 I erased the few pencil marks that were showing. I then outlined and added feathers with a black sharpie marker and a white gel pen. I used colored pencils to add grass. Then I watercolored the top and bottom. It has a little bit of warping because of the watercoloring. I am not worried though because it is in my bible and when closed it will add pressure that will eventually flatten it out.


2 comments:

  1. What a great chicken you made. Your talent just amazes me. It works so well with the Bible verse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MariLynn this is stunning - not only the way you have paper pieced the chicken, but how you have outlined and highlighted the feathers - a beautiful page
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete