Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Day 2- Masking -birgitkoopsengelprintingchallenge

There is a gel printing challenge this month. Day 2 of Birgit Koopsen's Gel Printing Challenge - 
#birgitkoopsengelprintingchallenge
is to use masks. I made 3 prints for this challenge. I used ARTplorations Bloomdala Bliss #9 mask


For the next print I used ARTplorations Bloomdala Bliss #9
and 

preview-web-stencil-032-showerofflutters

My last print did not turn out how I imagined it would. 
I used the same two masks, Bloomdala Bliss #9 and Shower of Flutters that I did on the second print. 
This is how it looked on the gel plate. 
I was excited because I thought "Oh this print is going to be really good"
It was an exercise in patience because it seemed that it took forever for it to dry so I could add a layer of white to lift off the paint. 


Well this is how it looked when I pulled it off the plate. What I had been unable to see was that the butterfly mask had shifted leaving a shadow print. I was kinda disappointed.


 So on to my #1 rule of creating... if I don't like it, it isn't finished. I outlined the butterflies and doodled. I stamped flowers and music notes. I painted a thin layer of white on the flowers. 
I also stamped little hearts and the sentiment "love". I also splattered white, light and dark blue and purple paint.
preview-DAIFramesandFlowers

InBloom9-DarlingDogRoses
The music notes are from a retired STAMPlorations set called Mini Mixed Media Background. 




2 comments:

  1. I love the gradual transformation in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are all stunning MariLynn - and I love your mantra - if you don't like it, it is not finished :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete