Thursday, September 12, 2019

Embossed Resist Zen Heart


preview-ZenHearts-stencil

and my gel plate today. I used versamark embossing ink with the stencil. I just pushed the ink pad over the stencil. I stenciled on to kraft paper and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
After I embossed it I used my gel plate to make a print. After this print was done this is how it looked.

Not very pretty right? Then I took sand paper and sanded off the paint from the embossed areas.
I love the distressed vintage look that it created.  I mounted my print on black cardstock. I took a white gel pen to create "Asemic writing" around the edge.
Do you know what Asemic writing is? I didn't know before this week.
Here is the definition:
Asemic writing is a wordless open semantic form of writing. The word asemic means "having no specific semantic content", or "without the smallest unit of meaning". With the non-specificity of asemic writing there comes a vacuum of meaning, which is left for the reader to fill in and interpret.

So basically you scribble and try to make it look like letters without making letters. I took inspiration from my husband's signature and my 2 year old grandson Noah's writings.
It was harder to do than I thought. I think next time I do it I will need to vary the length of my fake words. throw in a couple of shorter ones. 

'

One thing I learned is, don't try to sand the embossed areas until you are sure that you are done with the print. I thought I was done and had sanded the heart but then felt like the background needed a little bit more. I thought I could just sand the heart some more, but I was wrong. It left too much of the paint on the heart. I am sharing this photo to show you what not to do, but as I look at it on my computer, I am thinking that even thought it wasn't the look I was going for, I am sure I can use it somehow, So it will go into my pile of stuff to be "reworked".

If you want to add this fun stencil to your crafty stash, you can use the following discount code to get 20% off your order.  I hope you have a great time creating art.



5 comments:

  1. You did not heat emboss right on the plate did you??? I so love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,sorry, I heat embossed onto the paper and then printed like normal. When paint was dry then sanded it.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful result MariLynn - love how the heart turned out, and the fun 'writting'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete