Wednesday, March 6, 2019

A card of good cheer

My daughter shared a request for cards with me today. You can see the request HERE. The little boy who is needing encouragement is the grandson of a lady who helped my daughter by altering her wedding dress. The mom of the little boy is a long time friend of my son in law. So of course I had to make a card and share with my friends. The other day my husband walked past my craft room and asked me if I really NEEDed all the supplies. I said a resounding YES. Even if some of my stamps and supplies haven't been used in years. You never know when you are going to use them. The stamp set I used is and old MFP set. I probably haven't used it for 5 years. The paper on my card has been in my paper stash for going on 15 years. But they were perfect for today.


I stamped, colored and fussy cut the frog out. I used craft foam to pop him up. I added faux scrabble tiles. My grandson likes googly eyes (goo goo) so I had to add them to this card.
 
The inside of the card has a pop out panel and the two little frogs are on pop up mechanisms.
I stamped the F R O G and used my own handwriting for the sentiment. 
 I decided to decorate the envelope too. This is the back of the envelope. I stamped F.R.O.G and I decided to doodle a fly and his flight trail.
 Front of the envelope.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card. You outdid yourself with that cute froggie and I love the way it unfolds inside too. Perfect papers used with it as well. I got a card made for this young man as well today.

    ReplyDelete