Saturday, February 9, 2019

Valentines for family and an Arizona day card

You might know people who don't like Valentine's day because if you are single it isn't a fun day. My brother is a single man who for several years has said he will celebrate Arizona day which celebrates the birthday of the State of Arizona. So I made him this card. The turquoise reminds me of the Native American jewelry that they make in Arizona. The copper reminded me that copper is one of the 5 c's of Arizona that are important to the economy. The distressed wood technique made me think of the ghost town of Jerome AZ.  What my brother doesn't like is the societal expectation of giving love cards on Valentine's day. But since there is no expectation of giving love cards on AZ day, maybe he will enjoy this one. 



For my youngest sister, I made her a Valentine that had lots of color that came from a mono print that I did distressed wood technique to and cut apart. I stamped several sentiments from STAMPlorations sets. I stamped "LOVE" from STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies  I stamped the music from a retired STAMPlorations set called mini mixed media. and then I stamped some sentiments from STAMPlorations Pocket Blooms  I was kinda going for a graffiti look. I really like how the colors looked on this card.

I used CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Die on all three cards for my siblings.

My sister has 8 kids so I made 8 little hearts to go on her card with 2 bigger ones. One I added a key hole and I also added a key and a die cut sentiment.


For my daughter I made these little penguin cards. I made some for my other daughter and grandson Noah, but I made them more like a kit that they could make together. The little glitter hearts were cut from a used gift bag.

I made these for my nieces and nephews. I did the eyes slightly different and added a die cut sentiment.


3 comments:

  1. Eeek, how CUTE!!! Love those Penguin tags MariLynn and love the wood bg technique - those are ROCKIN' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your arty pieces, they make such a statement. Those penguins are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete