Saturday, February 9, 2019

Bible Journaling with STAMPlorations

At Christmas time I got my daughter and myself a journaling bible. I thought I would share 2 art journaling entries that I did yesterday. The first one was for 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
I  used an alphabet set to stamp "be joyful" "pray" and "give thanks". I then used a pen to hand write the rest. I ended up with a bit of a smudge so to cover it, I doodled little boxes separating the 3 panels. I drew the little praying hands before I remembered that I had a praying hands stamp. Oh well, maybe I'll remember that for next time. The little butterfly is from STAMPlorations Trendy butterfly stamp set.  The little flower at the bottom is from from another STAMPlorations set called Pocket Blooms. 



My second entry that I made was on
 Philippians 2:14-16. Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you might become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life... 

I used STAMPlorations ART MARKS Set.  I stamped 3 little stars and stamped the circles around the stars. I stamped the arrow to point to the scripture and I stamped the word "shine" I added silver metallic rub around the stars and added glue and silver glitter to make the stars sparkle and shine. I used a pen to hand journal the rest.






4 comments:

  1. Both of these Bible Journal entries are fantastic! I like their simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these 2 Bible verses, MariLynn. thank you for sharing -- your art journals have blessed me!

    ReplyDelete