Thursday, April 19, 2018

Unity Stamps Sketch card

 Unity's Show and Tell challenge on Facebook
 Be Inspired Sketch Challenge April 12-April 26
Image may contain: text
I made hand made hydrangeas for the little circle part of the sketch. Here is how I made them. I started with a circle punch. I added Aleene's tacky glue to the circles and using tweezers, I heated the glue with my  heat gun until it bubbled and burned.

I used an old Martha Stewart hydrangea punch to punch out blue and green cardstock. You can see the burned glue in this next photo.

I used a piece of foam and a stylus to cup the flowers.


This next photo shows some of the flowers cupped and others not.


I glued the cupped flowers to the burned glue with more Aleene's tacky glue.



I wanted the hydrangeas to has a little sparkle so I added diamond glitter to the blossoms



 Here is how they look an the card.



This is how the inside of the card looks. It has a pop up center.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card MariLynn - I do love the dimension on those tiny piles of hydrangea blooms, and the glitter :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. They are a little time consuming. It took an hour to make the three blooms from punching them out to the dry time. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. First, MariLynn, I love hydrangeas, second I love twist pop cards. Is it any wonder that I love this card. You've totally inspired me to try making one like this. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete