Friday, April 20, 2018

SDC296 and several SCS challenges card

Happy Friday. I hope you have had a blessed week. I have not felt the best with the migraine headaches this week, but I still feel blessed and know that God is taking care of me. I made this card for my good friend Paula who recently lost her mother in law. I combined several challenges to make it.
First Challenge was for:
Also for these 3 Splitcoast challenges:

I added a challenge of my own to use a set that hasn't seen ink in over a  year. I pulled out this set.

It is 16 years old. Wow how time passes. It was one of those sets that I just had to have and I probably haven't used for at least a year.

I was blessed to get to facetime craft with my good friend Pam. She used the same set on her card. I love how we were doing the same challenges, using the same set and just how different the cards turned out.
Check out HER CARD.

For the mixability I used colored pencils, watercoloring, glitter, markers, and burned glue as my mediums.
You can see the burned glue in the center of my orange flower. I burned the glue and used a black sharpie marker to color it.


Because this set cuts off the tips of the dragonfly's wings and the flower petals and leaves are also cut, when I wanted to pop up the images, I had to do some free hand drawing to complete the wings petals and leaves. I really like how they turned out. I don't think you would have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out.



I have been kind of on a pop out kick lately just because they are so much fun to make without being that challenging.  Here is a video that shows the dimension of my fussy cut elements, the glitter on the dragonfly and pop out part on the inside.

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I adore the flower and dragonfly and the colors and shimmer use beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the popped up images (completed to go outside the squares) and the way you used them inside the card too. Hope the migraines clear soon!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. Today is a better day. I think finally after a week of headaches that I am on the upside. Blessings my friend.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic card MariLynn! Love the dimensional effect.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card great dimension!
    Thanks for joining our Stampotique Challenge.
    xoxo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    Sternenglanz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ,fabulous dimensional flowers
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and wonderful colors.
    Wonderful sentiment! Thank you for playing with us at the Stampotique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous set - it surely needed to be inked up! Thanks for joining our Stampotique Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete