Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Trio of floral cards

I made these cards yesterday. I would have posted about them, but I got too carried away creating them. They were so much fun to make. I used a STAMPlorations set called:
BloomingBuds-preview-web

I have lots of flower stamps that I have loved over the years of stamping, but this set was one of the most fun to use. There were lots of things that I loved about this set. I loved that there were 3 different flowers to choose from, so I could stamp, mask, fussy cut... to make a variety of bouquets. The flowers especially the largest one work well with 3-dimensional piecing. I loved the variety of leaves that you could choose from too. But what I loved the most was the stem stamp. It is flexible and you can shape it as you place it on your acrylic block to make the stem go however you want it to, to make your floral arrangement.  Take a look at the trio of cards that I made with this set. 













The Simon Says challenge this week is to make a card inspired by a myth, fable, or story. I was inspired  by The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. 


The Word art Wednesday challenge is always anything goes.

8 comments:

  1. Quite a wonderful way to use those flowers. I just love your trio of beautiful blooms cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are three lovely cards, MariLynn. I can see why you like that stem...it shapes well. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MariLynn these are amazing - love the dimension you have achieved on the flowers, and that pop up card is fabulous... you have inspired me, as I have that set still in my NBUS tray... ooops
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards, love all the wonderful flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete