Thursday, April 26, 2018

3 Little girls wearing gray

What difference does a sketch make? Using the same stamps and coloring technique, and similar embellishments and paper I made 3 similar but different cards using the following 3 sketches.
I was inspired by this photo inspiration by

 My SCS694 card

My Viva la Verve -April 2018 card.


And my Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - #135 card.



I went mixed media with my style for these cards. I know that is a shocker.
From the photo of the blue dress with a gray branch with pink flowers, I was inspired to watercolor the dresses of the little girls using grays. I watercolored the sky blue and using burned glue technique I made the flowers pink. If you will remember the other day I used this same image and colored the flowers blue. I also added cheesecloth and tulle to the cards inspired by the tulle look of the dress material. I also added some hand quilled pink roses.
This photo shows a close up look of the flowers.

As a last touch, I added diamond glitter to the little butterflies. It is hard to photograph, but I tried to show you it in this next photo.


I hope you have a blessed day and that you  have enjoyed reading about my three little girls wearing gray.

9 comments:

  1. Wow MariLynn what a lovely array of cards you made with such a lovely image. I adore your colours as well as the inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! So loved the tulle that you used, it adds such a lovely softness. Thanks for joining us this sketch. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little girls are so lovely and your cards using them are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all just beautiful. Love the cheesecloth and twine. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so pretty! Love the blooms and the cheescloth! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, each version of this scene is perfect! Love how you highlighted the use of three different sketches as well as all of your beautiful finishing details. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete