Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Autism Awareness Blog

The STAMPING FOR AUTISM AWARENESS BLOG HOP is going on now. I made a fancy fold card in honor of my two boys who are on the Autism spectrum. Both of them are high functioning, but that doesn't mean that they don't have struggles everyday. They both are affected differently but they both love music, so I had to put music on my card. The heart is because they can get quite passionate about certain things. My one son will talk your ear off about Star Wars and the other will talk about Baseball. They don't like being touched and they don't deal well with change (some might call it rigid.) For example Tuesday dinner better be tacos and Friday's dinner better be pizza. To have something else on those nights, would make them so upset that they couldn't enjoy the meal. But the funny thing is those are the only nights that they are that way. But on all the other days they want to know hours in advance what we will be eating and I better not change my mind once I tell them. I love them to the moon and back, but there are days that I wish they didn't have to "Be different" and that other people could see the real them.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful introduction to your two boys and sharing a piece of your mom story, thank you! I love the puzzle concept that continues from the outside of your card to how it all unfolds. Perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly McGuyver!! And why did I not know that about your boys? Maybe you did and it was buried in my brain. Thanks for sharing your story, my friend. So glad you made time to create this heartfelt card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I am sure I told you about my boys. It is just hard because they are high functioning. People when they meet them don't understand all that they struggle with. Thank you for the lovely comment and thank you for encouraging me to check this blog hop out.

      Delete
  3. Awww! Your story made tears come to my eyes!!!! We were just talking about how Seth would make us promise something and then he would ask us DOZENS of times a day whether we were still doing it and if we didn't ...oh my!!! Seth still talks our ears off too. He loves almost every subject he takes in college and he comes home with a wealth of information all the time!!!! I have learned a lot but now and then I want to change the topic!!! :) Love you, my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that Seth is doing well at college. I love you too friend.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful card. A great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna for you sweet comments. Blessings.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful way of participating in autism awareness and still continue your current theme of music in your creations. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MariLynn what precious boys you have, but I can understand your frustration some days :-) - my son could talk my ear off some days, and what my daughter could say in three sentences he would take 30 to say the same!! And they call that 'normal' - everyone's normal is different.
    Love your card - that puzzle symbol for autism is wonderful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. I appreciate your sweet comment. Blessings.

      Delete