Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful for Cardinals



Today I feel especially blessed. I get to be the guest hostess of the Teapot Tuesday Challenge at SCS. I chose this teapot with cardinals. I love looking at and listening to cardinals. On Saturday my kids noticed a father cardinal with what looks like 3 of his babies in the tree outside our dining room. We have several large oak trees in our yard that this year were just exploding with acorns. The cardinals were there to eat the acorns. It was amazing to see God's provision for not only the cardinals, but the squirrels, ground hogs, blue jays, and deer. Last week we had a 7 point buck laying on the ground under the tree after having eaten his share of the acorns. It was a visual reminder of
Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap
or store away in barns, and
yet your heavenly Father
feeds them. Are you not
much more valuable than they?"
The opposite of worrying should be thankfulness. With Thanksgiving just a few days away I am trying really hard to be extra thankful. This card is a reminder to me to be thankful for the blessings that God provides, that I may not even recognise.
I made my card a shadow box card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #13 Peggysue, used 1 Corinthians 13:12 as her verse for the challenge. Right now we are seeing through the dark glass, not fully seeing what Heaven is going to be like. But when that day comes we will see face to face. We will see clearly, no shadows.

6 comments:

  1. Marilyn, this card is so pretty! I love the wintery mix of greens on the corners of the shadowbox opening and the red cardinal in contrast to your blue paper really stands out! Awesome job!
    Thanks for playing with us this week at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn what a great idea to cut out around the images for your shadowbox. And congrats on being the Tea Party hostess, I will have to search for a cardinal stamp . . . can it just be a bird? Maybe painted red? :) The blue is such a nice foil for the red too, lovely card and such true observations. He does provide for us, doesn't he?

    Also, I had no idea that cardinals ate acorns . . . too much of a squirrel observer, I need to watch an oak tree for a while. Thanks for playing the SSCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoho you did it!! Great take on the teapot and the lesson that the Lord showed you with the cardinal. Love how you did the greens and sparkled them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking colors, Marilynn! Beautifully done and love the thoughtfulness and scripture for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am in the middle of a project that involves cardinals and yours is just wonderful. Thanks for adding your card to our SSCC collection this week.

    ReplyDelete