Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bird house shadow box

For the SCS ways to use it challenge, we were to make a card expressing Thanks. I decided to make this card to go along with my card that I made on Tuesday. I shared the story about the family of cardinals, and how God has provided food for them. I decided that they might like a nice warm home with winter coming on. I was inspired by Laura Campbell's birdhouse shadow box. I stamped my cardinal stamp twice. The inside one I tried to color more like the female cardinals. The paper that I used as the wall paper inside the house is paper that my friend Peggy sent me. I did faux wood technique on the front of the house. I added fall leaves and quilled spirals. The Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #13 was to make a shadow box. I had only made a couple of cards using this technique before this week. This is my 3rd one this week. I am having so much fun with this technique. I am so glad that Peggysue challenged me to make one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful, Marilynn! I love the Autumn feeling of the colors and three dimensional leaves! I've never seen a Cardinal in person, it would totally make my day as I'm a big fan of birds! Thank you for letting me know that you made this. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the tutorial so much.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! a birdhouse, of course, I never thought of that one but you did and it is a perfect fit. thanks again for adding it to our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow! This is sooo unique! :) LOVE IT! Love all that wood too, I'm a li'l partial to the wood paper myself! ;) THanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

    ReplyDelete