Saturday, November 14, 2009

Origami Christmas Tree


I made this origami Christmas tree for the Stampin B's Challenge to make something other than a card. I found a guy on youtube who has a tutorial on making these. Here is the Preliminary Base. Here is the Basic Fold. And Here is the Assembly of the Tree. I topped my tree with quilled roses made out of coffee filters. I also added beads and ribbon. My squares were 8"x8" decreasing each time by one inch. So I had 7"x7", 6"x6", 5"x5",4"x4",3"x3" and 2"x2". I made a bunch of these 6 years ago out of plain green paper, I wanted to give it a fresh update. Helen, I look forward to seeing yours.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marilynn, is there anything you couldn't create! I did learn how to make the tree but haven't do anything with it yet. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so beautiful and intricately detailed and embellished, MariLynn!

    ReplyDelete