Friday, April 17, 2020

Lettering Tutorial - Bible journaling

For this bible journal page I used STAMPlorations IN BLOOM: DARLING DOG ROSES


I wanted to add adjectives of how God sees me.
  Here is a tutorial on how I added those words to my page.


Hand lettering Tutorial.

1. I started with the words I wanted to write.

2. I next went to the website FONT SQUIRREL  There are lots of different fonts, but I like the SCRIPT ones. 




3.  For my first word "Beautiful" I used the font "Digory Doodles" 

When the font comes up there are several choices of things I  can do. 
"Sample" "Specimen" "Test Drive" etc.
I click on "Test Drive"



Then a text box opens that I can type my word  "Beautiful"  into and it will show me how that word looks in that font. 



4. I then take a pencil and I draw that word onto my page. 

5. Then I take a sharpie marker, or a black gel pen and I go over the pencil marks. 
For the word "Beautiful" I used a regular sharpie marker. I didn't do all the parts of the letters, just the "down" strokes. 
Then I used a fine point sharpie to do the other lines. 
When I was done with the markers, I took and eraser and got rid of the  pencil marks. 



Pretty easy peasy. Right? Here are some more photos of other fonts I used to make the other words on my page. 


I did "chosen" in the Carrington font




I did the word "Bold" in the  Euphoria Script font


I did the word "Wonderful" in Kingthings wrote font

and I did the word "lovely" in Miama font




Here is how my page looked with the 5 chosen adjectives. 



I wanted the adjectives to stand out so I took water color pencils and colored around the words. 
I went over the words with water and then glued page to my journal. It is a little wrinkly because the glue is still drying. As it continues to dry the wrinkles will be less noticeable. 





If you would like to buy the floral stamp that I used you can use my discount code to get 20% off your purchase. 

5 comments:

  1. Cool way of using the fonts and the resulting Bible page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome page MariLynn - love how you have found and used the fonts to great effect. Love the finished page.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete