Monday, April 13, 2020

gel sticks


I bought gel sticks in January and haven't really played with them, because the first time I tried them I wasn't thrilled with the result. The other day my friend Mich, did a video showing how to use them. I decided to play along. She masked with washi tape and used gelatos. I used some decorative scotch tape. To make the tape be able to pull up I stick it to my arm first to get rid of some of the sticky. I then used my gel stick. 



I really liked how the background looked with the masked off area. 


I decided to do a page on Peace using gel sticks. 

A bible journaling artist named Beverly French Davis, made THIS PAGE with the word "Risen" and a water colored flower. It inspired me to do a page using the word "PEACE"

I scribbled and didn't have any real idea  of what I was creating. Mostly making some areas darker and  leaving some areas lighter. 

I took a paper towel and dipped it in water and rubbed it until the colors blended. There were still marks that didn't blend, but I was ok with it. 




I took a sharpie and I wrote the word peace


I thickened the word peace on down strokes. I watercolored a flower and leaves and I splattered the page with watercolor. 



I added the words "Live in" I doodled lines around the flowers and leaves. I added white highlights. I cut the cardstock down to fit in my bible.  Journaled 2 Corinthians 13:11


2 comments:

  1. Great work. I love the cross one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are wonderful MariLynn - loving the peace one - your writing is amazing! I must get my long neglected gelatos out and play!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete