Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday night in my Bible

Is there any time of year that is crazier than the month of December? 
Our "need to do lists" are longer than our "already done lists"
Some of the things on our lists are worthy endeavors like church activities or family activities. And other things are just things that others expect us to do. 
I was thinking today about Mary and Martha. 
I could hear Martha saying."I have a tree to get up and decorated. I need to bake cookies. I need to clean the house. I need to go shopping and buy the gifts. I need to wrap the gifts. I have to go to the kids music program at school. I need to get Christmas cards in the mail, I need to practice with the church choir for the Christmas eve service. ETC...
I could also hear Mary saying "All I really need to do is to spend time with Jesus."

I will admit that I lean towards being a Martha. There are always lots of things to accomplish, but  I would like to be more like Mary. 

What we need is to REST in Jesus. 


I had fun today playing with my ARTplorations  stencil and gel plate.

I used 

preview-fairytaleforest

I made my monotype onto vellum. It curled up for a bit until it dried. 


Once it dried it flattened out some. 



The plan I had in my head was to have the vellum over a photo copy of 
the hymn;  Near to the Heart of God. 
But when I went to put it over the hymn, the paint was a little too thick. So I sanded it with a piece of sand paper. and then it was transparent enough to see the hymn. 

After I sanded it I traced the template I have for my bible. 



Matthew 11:28 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. 

The other day on facebook, my friend Diana shared what we need to do when we REST. We
 Remember His goodness, 
Express my neediness.
Seek His stillness and
Trust His faithfulness. 

As soon as she shared it I knew I wanted to put it in my bible this week. 



Yesterday I made this little journal card using the same ARTploration stencil. I cut a Christmas tree out of cardstock and placed it on my gel plate. I then put the stencil on top . I doodled the lights and hand wrote the sentiment. I was inspired to play by my friend Tiffany who was putting a gelli printed tree with lights in her bible. 



You can use my discount code to get 20% your STAMPlorations order. 



5 comments:

  1. Oh MariLynn - that acronym is perfect - I too tend to be a Martha rather than a Mary, but like you I am trying to be more Mary-like. Loving your pages - you are so very creative!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana has some great points and I love how you used that on your page. I also like the tree design. And, like you I am more of a Martha too. Hopefully, I will learn to be more like Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!
    Just as the page and tutorial you shared on the STAMPlorations blog INSPIRED!
    THANK YOU for sharing how you built up the lovely layers of this design!

    ReplyDelete