Thursday, December 12, 2019

Poinsettia in blues

Happy Friday the 13th.  I know people have bad feelings for Fridays that fall on the 13th of the month, but not me. On Friday the 13, 28 years ago, my first daughter was born.  Happy Birthday Johanna.

It is my turn today to hostess the challenge at SCS for the MIX-Ability. My challenge is to make a project sparkle and shine by adding glitter. I am giving bonus points if the project is a birthday project, in honor of my daughter's birthday.  I made this poinsettia tag. I was inspired to do a non traditional color after seeing my friend Lee Ann's coloring of a poinsettia stamp. 

I started with a piece of white cardstock. I watercolored it with blues and teal and green. I die cut the poinsettia leaves. I added glitter into the center and added glitter to the flowers. It is kinda hard to see so I took a photo from different angles. It is on a piece of burlap on top of a die cut piece of cardstock. I have made it into a tag with some twine. 





2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and I love that sparkly blue poinsettia. Happy birthday to your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete