Saturday, December 14, 2019

God's Gifts are Good

This week I have been living in a migraine fog. Nothing seemed to work just right. Rather than just do a journal page, to do a page, I decided to wait until I was feeling better. I started this journaling idea last week before the migraine hit. I was journaling 
Luke 11:13.
 If you then, who are evil,
 know how to give good gifts
 to your children, how much more
 will the heavenly Father give
 the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.

I wrote the scripture on one side of my little journal cards.  

On the other side of the card I drew a little gift box. I had a lot of fun coloring, or in this case not coloring part of the bow. I was surprised at how realistic it looked leaving just a little bit of it white. The color theme at Sacra Via: Scripture Study, Art, and Journaling this month has been gold and red, so I went along with that theme. 

I had also drawn a gift box in my journaling bible, but had hit a wall in how to finish it. Then after the migraine, I knew just what I wanted to say. "God's Gifts Are Good" and they really are good aren't they.

John 3:16-17 
For God so loved the 
world that he GAVE 
his one and only Son
 that whoever believes in Him
 shall not perish but have eternal life.
 For God did not send his Son 
into the world to condemn the world, 
but to save the world through Him. 



Speaking of good gifts, my sweet friend Lee Ann gave me a sweet gift of a certificate to
 Sweet 'N Sassy stamps. I picked this really neat  alpha set from their Creative Worship line called TYPEWRITER BLOCKS ALPHA. I used them today on my journal page. They are just the right size to add text to my journaling.  I also picked the sweet little bird SINGING PRAISES that was designed by my sweet friend NinaB.  Thank you Lee Ann. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful journal pages and great choice of Bible verses too. And, looks like you got some great things to work with in those goodies.

    ReplyDelete