Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Worship Wednesday Hebrews 10:19-25

Welcome to my second week of Worship Wednesday, with a page from my journal bible. This week I journaled Hebrews 10:19-25. What really stood out from the passage was holding on to hope. I could picture Jesus being my hope and as I hold on to him, he is also holding on to me. So even if I should lose my grip from time to time he is faithful and he won't let go.  I sketched the hands with a pencil first. Then I added some color and shading with my colored pencils. I then outlined with a black marker. I hand lettered "Hold to the hope for He is faithful" At the top I added some more writing, more like my regular handwriting to  add a paraphrase of the points of the verses. What I noticed with my handwriting is I don't always write my J and S the same way. I wonder what a handwriting analyst would have to say about that.



Since we are to spur one another to love and good deeds, what act of love or good deed can you do for someone else today?  Blessings. 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful illustration of the passage MariLynn, and I love the hands!! My handwriting varies from day to day from backward slanting to conventional, from almost flat to normal cursive - I think I would have any hand writing expert confused!
    Today I spent some time with a friend, when i really needed to be in the studio :), but when I did get in there, I got three cards made in about 2 1/2 hours! That must be a record, so God was good to me, as they all need to be in the post tomorrow
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. I am glad I'm not alone with the handwriting. I'm glad you put your priorities right and spent time with a friend. I wish we could meet some day. Wouldn't we have so much fun?

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, we would have a ball - chatting, sharing our faith and getting inky/painty and crafty generally :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful page and a wonderful message we all can be comforted by.

    ReplyDelete