Friday, October 25, 2019

Splattered Butterflies, in a good way


I decided to splat water color paint. I used a medicine syringe that I have decided to dedicate to my paint. I wasn't sure if I would get it "clean" enough to use as it's original use 
I started by stamping STAMPlorations BUTTERFLY ROW
at the bottom of my two cards. The first one the ink was a little light and the second one a little darker. I tried to control the paint splatters a little but found out that it was impossible to control. I tried spraying close and far away, I tried spraying up and down. It didn't really seem to matter the paint had a mind of it's own. So I had to "release" control. After they dried I scored the edges to frame the panel. This card is only one layer which is so different from most of my cards. 



Butterfly Row is currently out of stock, but there are lots of other really spectacular stamps, dies and stencils at  STAMPlorations . You can use my discount code to get 20% off your order.


6 comments:

  1. Spectacular! I think I need to get a tool of sorts and splatter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spatter cards are so artistic looking! I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning cards MariLynn - love the splatters, and the second card is my favourite. The splatters go so well with the butterflies - and I am glad to hear that no butterflies were harmed in the making of these beauties.:)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I kinda laughed when I wrote the title because it triggered images that would be quite different from my cards. LOL.

      Delete