Thursday, October 17, 2019

Ransom Note

It is my turn to host the MIX-Ability challenge on SCS. I was thinking it would be fun to make cards with a "Ransom Note" feeling. You know, the kind where the person cuts out words or letters from other print media, like magazines, newspapers or books to  compose the ransom note. 

To achieve that look, I used 5 different STAMPlorations sets. 

I made the background with my gel plate. I used shades of blue acrylic paint. I used a curled up piece of paper and corrugated cardboard to make the marks on that first print. When that print dried, I put fall colors of acrylic paint on my plate with a crumpled up piece of paper. I then put ARTplorations stencil called: Autumn Falling. 
After I puled that print I filled in some space on the leaves that didn't completely print with colored pencils and watercolor paint. I also doodled some dots with a white gel pen.  I think the swirls with the leaves makes it look like they are blowing in the wind. 

If you want any of the stamp sets I used or the leaf stencil, you can go to STAMPlorations and use my discount code at check out to get 20% off your order. 


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous textural background to your 'ransom' note card MariLynn - love it, and those leaves certainloy look as though they are being blown around
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maxine. Your comments are such a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ransom note idea and I love your interpretation! That is a wonderful design and a great message too.

    ReplyDelete