Friday, October 25, 2019

Splattered Pumpkins

For this week's SCS MIX-ability challenge to splatter on card. I tried the technique again. This time I stamped the pumpkin from STAMPlorations Oh, So Grateful Stamp set. 
I stamped it with black stazon on two white pieces of cardstock. With the first one I just splattered all over.

After I had splattered it I decided to add some more color to the pumpkin and leaves. I added highlights with a white gel pen. I also did some shading with colored pencils. I added the horizon with a black marker.  I really  liked how it looks. 


For the second card, I water colored the pumpkin and leaves first. 


Then I masked it with a post it note and then I splattered it. 



 I highlighted with a white gel pen and added some shading in the leaves with colored pencils. I also used a black marker to make the horizon.

 Which of the two of these do you like better?





 Isn't this pumpkin just awesome for fall? If you want to add it to your crafty stash you can use my design team code to get 20% off your order at STAMPlorations.


I am entering this into the Alphabet Challenge Blog P is for Pumpkins Challenge. 

9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful way to use that pumpkin and I love all the spatters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards MariLynn - you really are having fun with the splattering challenge :). I think I prefer the first card where you coloured over the splatters. It really adds texture to the pumpkin
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine. I agree. I kinda like that one better as well.

      Delete
  3. Two beautiful pumpkin cards with a wonderful background thank for joining in at the Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've created this. It's different. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun autumn card! Love both of them but the second one using the mask is wonderful! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete