Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pastor Appreciation

I made this card for the worship pastor at our church. October is pastor appreciation month. I have a few more to make and I'm running out of month. I had some scraps on my desk the other day that I cut into little squares. I glued them to a piece of cardstock. I painted over them and then added crackle medium. I really like how that looked, so I tried it again with some fall colored scraps. Then yesterday the TLC452 challenge at SCS was to do an inlaid die cut. I don't have much in the way of die cuts so I took my inlaid piece of crackle scraps and I cut it by hand. I took the leaves from this digi set from Daydream Designs called FALL IS IN THE AIR I printed them on a piece of typing paper and cut them out to make a pattern for tracing around. I  printed the hymn Amazing Grace to have on the back. I also added the sentiments from Daydream Designs called HARVEST OF GRATITUDE
   
This photo shows the crackle on the inlaid leaf.
This is the card opened up and showing the center and right side panel.

This shows the card opened and the center and left side panel.
Now to get busy on the rest of the cards I need to make.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you can call these cards - they are so much more than that! Such elaborate displays. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn,
    I am so impressed with your artistic abilities. I am also ashamed that I didn't make Pastor a card. I am worn out with the Nursery and the 6-8 year olds' Sunday school. Very poor excuse so now I will repent and make a card; perhaps one as high-end designed as your is. The burlap, is perfect with the leaves. Again, thank you for sharing your works of art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing...Love all the layers of your card and the embellishments you used. I am sure your Worship Pastor will cherish this card. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again this week for our new Challenge.

    Hugs,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MariLynn this is amazing - you really are making that card shape 'sing' the way you are using it. Love the way you adapted the challenge by fussy cutting the leaf design.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete