Monday, October 5, 2020

Butterflies down a dirt road in Sedona

Butterflies down a dirt road in Sedona.  This card was not a quick card so I felt it needed a good title.  The butterflies part is pretty obvious. I added dirt road because I didn't know how this would turn out. I just kept playing and tweaking it to how I wanted. When I came to a crafting "dirt road" I went down it.  The Sedona part was added because these colors with the teal and orange and yellows reminds me of falls in Sedona when I was growing up. In Arizona there are not a lot of trees that have leaves that change color. I remember the cottonwood trees turning yellow and that yellow against the red rocks of Sedona with a turquoise colored sky.   So Butterflies down a dirt road in Sedona.... Here is the rest of the story. 

This morning my friend Pam and I facetime crafted together. We saw the 

That challenge was to make a triple cube box card. I like fun folds so of course I had to play along. But I also do things my own way.  The tutorial showed using designer paper. I hardly have any designer paper because it is so much more fun to make my own. I took a piece of typing paper and made two monoprint using my gel press.  I layered the prints several times. Using fall colors.  This first print is the one I cut up for the inside of my card. 

This print is the one that I cut up to make the front of my card. 




The tutorial also didn't have a cover, 'like a regular card". I added one just because I wanted to. 
I added a STAMPlorations Butterfly from  Blossom Like a Butterfly. 


On the inside of my card is the triple cube box pop out. I also added two little pop out butterflies from STAMPlorations  Butterfly Row





It is a little thick but I still think it will mail well. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment