Saturday, February 1, 2020

It's A Girl Thing- Blog Hop 2020

cover photo, Image may contain: text



Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder where a female is born with only one X chromosome, instead of two, leaving her with life-long medical issues and learning disabilities. This condition occurs one in 2,500 female births worldwide, but is more common among pregnancies that do not survive to full term. That is why Turner Syndrome Females are considered MIRACLES!


Thirty-two caring Sponsors and five DT Members have partnered with us to bring Turner Syndrome Awareness to the Public. For details on how you might win any of these fabulous prizes, please see Lori's TS home page. Thanks for learning About Turner Syndrome



6 talented and caring designers are offering prizes on their personal blogs as well:

My TS related project is inspired by the TSA official color board:



You need to visit the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020  page to become eligible for prizes.

STAMPlorations is one of the awesome sponsors of this hop.
 I made 4 cards using STAMPlorations products. 

For all of my cards I started with sheets of cardstock that I used a gel plate to make monotypes. 

Image may contain: plant

Image may contain: plant

Image may contain: plant and flower

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

For the first card I used STAMPlorations LAYERED BUTTERFLIES and 
0preview-LayeredButterflies

STAMPlorations IT'S A GIRL THING- SUNSHINE (Made especially for last year's Turner Syndrome Blog Hop)

preview-itsagirlthing-sunshine


On the inside of this card I made a pop up panel.
InBloom9-DarlingDogRoses


For my second card I used STAMPlorations BUTTERFLY ROW

SheryRuss_ButterflyRow2x6-preview

I also used the sentiment from STAMPlorations BLOOM HAPPY
preview-SheryRussBloomHappy


For my third card I used STAMPlorations FRAMES and FLOWERS
preview-DAIFramesandFlowers

Then I hand wrote the sentiment and doodled stitch-marks around the edge.


I cut a piece of the monotyped cardstock to put inside the card to decorate the inside. 


For my last card I used STAMPlorations LAYERED BUTTERFLIES
0preview-LayeredButterflies
and here's a fun tip: the waves drawing from 
preview-DAI-Anchored
  when turned side ways makes a great butterfly "trail"


If you would like to add any of the STAMPlorations products I used on my cards today to your crafty stash, you can use my discount code to get 20% off your order. 


43 comments:

  1. Wow! Your background papers turned out gorgeous with all the vibrant colors! I love them! All 3 of your cards are so very special to me! They really touch on the joyful spirit that Julie has! I just fell in love with the Stamplorations Butterfly Row stamp, I don't know how I missed that one, but I am going to get it for sure, it is lovely and so is the card you made with it! Thank you for joining me on this blog hop again this year! Your cards all made with such love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m going to echo Lori's "WOW". These are just fabulous. They are so colorful and full of life. Love them. What a nice job. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Those backgrounds are spectacular and I love all the butterflies! Guess I'll be adding some more items to be STAMPlorations wish list! Great hop, I'm learning a lot about Turner Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are all just AMAZING and beautiful!~ Thanks so much for helping spread the word about Turner Syndrome! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Marilynn using these wonderful products. I especially like the lively, colorful backgrounds with the pretty stamps. Thank you so much for participating in the TSA blog hop and helping your followers become knowledgeable about this condition.
    Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
    Donna Ellis
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely, Marilynn! What a sweet bunch of cards you have created to help and honor families living with TS! The soft backgrounds are so pretty, and I love the Stamplorations images you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are great! I love that Stamplorations butterfly, it is awesome. Thanks for sharing the lovely backgrounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for participating in this hop to help spread the word for AWARENESS of Turner's Syndrome! GORGEOUS creations, I especially love the darling dogwoods pop up panel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background, beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've created some pretty amazing cards here! I love how you've done your backgrounds and the wonderful fold design is my favorite! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Creations, beautiful details!!
    Great way to make the Awareness for Turner Syndrome be known! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! These prints you created are so colorful, pretty and full of joy! L*O*V*E the row of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these are gorgeous! I love the background you created for each of these. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - loving you created the wonderful background - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colorful background and the cards designs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! Your backgrounds are soooo cool! Love them!!! I am so happy that this hop is educating and bringing awareness to Turner Syndrome! Hopefully, we can raise money and help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your cards using the Stamploration products are amazingly beautiful. They really express the theme of the Turner Syndrome Awareness hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards! Gorgeous gelli plate backgrounds and you turned them into such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards with those amazing Stamplorations products! Thanks for supporting such a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi MariLynn :) I just bought my first Gel Press and NOW I'm really excited to get started!!! Lovely backgrounds and cards! Thanks for spreading awareness of Turner's Syndrome and inspiring me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your flowers and butterflies look gorgeous against the cheery springy background made by gelli plate, Marilynn! Fabulous cards!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Love the color combos and the pretty flower and butterfly images you used!
    Thanks for sharing the information on TS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful wonderful cards MariLynn - love the how you have used the colours in the backgrounds, and also how you finished each card so beautifully and uniquely
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! Your cards are all beautiful! What lovely backgrounds for your butterflies. Thanks for sharing your creativity and helping to spread awareness of Turner Syndrome. This is my first time learning about it. What a worthy blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful backgrounds for beautiful cards! Love them all.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. I love your backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your backgrounds are awesome! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seems like you had lots of fun doing the background

    ReplyDelete
  29. The background is gorgeous. I should break out my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous cards - love the backgrounds you created.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. All your cards are gorgeous and represent the Turner Syndrome Hop very well!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful array of cards that are simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Berni
    chasingthedream.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your cards are so beautiful! You are very talented! Thank you so much for sharing them with us, and for taking part in this wonderful blog hop to raise awareness for Turner Syndrome! Hugs...!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are all so pretty! I love those fabulous backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards are so pretty and fun! I love the monoprinting you did to create the backgrounds.
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty backgrounds and I like the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  37. BEAUTIFUL cards! LOVE how your WONDERFUL butterflies and backgrounds were INSPIRED by the TS blog hop mood board!
    Your butterflies really are a great way to remind us that the girls who live with TS really are MIRACLES!
    THANK YOU for sharing and supporting the Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So much gorgeous!! Love those backgrounds! Happy to be hopping with you for this worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your cards are so pretty!
    That background is simply
    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty cards. Love the backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your cards are beautiful!! I love the monoprint backgrounds and the fab STAMPlorations images. Very clever to use the waves stamp for the butterfly trail!! Genius!
    Thank you for your part in this important hop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. absolutely stunning!
    Thank you for raising awareness about TS.

    ReplyDelete