Thursday, February 20, 2020

Between Gardens and playing dress up









The splitcoast stampers mix-ability challenge this week is all about quotes. We are to put a quote on our project. I have been reading Lysa TerKeurst's book called "It's not supposed to be this way." She talks about the fall. How when in the garden of Eden mankind was in fellowship with God but sin entered the picture and God made them leave the garden because he was protecting them because of the tree of life. Eternal life separated from God is no life. It is actually what I believe Hell will be like. in Revelation 22 , The second garden is Eden restored.  
22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
So  while my quote on my card isn't a direct quote from the book. It was inspired by it. 
My second card has a quote from Kate Spade that says. "Playing dress up begins at age 5 and never truly ends." I painted my niece. My sister shared this photo of her playing dress up this week. I have a really hard time painting and drawing people so I thought I better start painting and drawing them even if they aren't as good as I would like, because if I don't start, I can't get any better. My sister and I had so much fun playing dress up when we were little. Our maternal grandma went to goodwill and brought home dresses for us. We had a wedding dress and several "prom" dresses. Feather boas were included as well as piles of junk jewelry.  We also had a white wig. Unfortunately for our brother we dressed him up in a dress and the wig once. I think we even got a photo of it and thought of using it when he hit his pre teen years and loved to pester us. But as adults he is a wonderful man who loves family. So I'm sure the photo has disappeared now, but the memory is still there.  



1 comment:

  1. What great quotes MariLynn - loving your poppies - you really are an incredible artist. Your niece is gorgeous, and I love your depiction of her
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete