Tuesday, August 13, 2019

sunset easel cards

Today's SCS color challenge. CC752



My first thought was a sunset. Before I share my projects, I am going to share a couple of photos that were my inspiration for today's project. I took these at sunrise this summer. 


It was such a beautiful sight in real life to see the sun over the ocean. My cards can't even begin to compare to the master artist. I did have fun creating my cards.
I started both cards by doing mono prints on my gel plate. I used my finger to make a circle of yellow then I used a crumpled up magazine page to add pink and blue. I then used a piece of cardstock to add the horizon line. 
 I took watercolors to fill in some of the white areas. 
 I stamped the lighthouse from STAMPlorations set called TRUE NORTH
SheryRuss_TrueNorth-preview

 Added the ship.

 Painted lighthouse and ship with white acrylic paint.

 Water coloring, white gel pen and black ink pen to finish it off.







 I made my card easel style. I stamped the compass to make the stopper for the easel. 












Second card was made the same way, just with a different print.










If you like these stamps and would like to add them to your collection, you can use this discount code to get 20% off your order. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate and read all comments. 


1 comment:

  1. What a great pair of cards MariLynn - love how you start with the print and add so much colour and depth to it - amazing work!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete