Sunday, August 25, 2019

Everyday fairytale - Hello sweet sunshine

 This weekend I sat at a tent for my church First Christian Church, Memphis, MO for Antique Fair Days. I did gelli printing with kids. I think my youngest was 4 and the oldest was in his 60's. Nothing like playing with acrylic paint and having fun to bring out the kid in all of us. A little girl who is in first grade made this one for me. She had a stack of about 20 other prints that she made so she didn't mind giving me this one.

I stamped the flowers from Unity set called Everyday Fairytale. It wasn't until I uploaded the photos that I realized what the script behind the flowers says. "Hello sweet sunshine. so glad you ..." I have played with this stamp several times and hadn't noticed what it said until today. I guess previously I was too focused on the flowers.

I painted the flowers with white acrylic paint.

Added color to flowers with water color paint. Added details with black ink pen and white gel pen,

I made it into a post card.  I did a scribble doodle on the kraft with the white gel pen and I also added some little white dots around the flowers. I used a black pen to doodle stitches to the white panel.

I thought this would be a fun time to practice my hand lettering. So this side of the post card was all drawn by hand. 



12 comments:

  1. Another beautiful work of art. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and I love that you had so many people interested in art with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and so sweet the little girl gave you the print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful print MariLynn, and you have used it beautifully - love the end result, and your lettering on the back is impressive.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your gel plate creations. I've been enjoying them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I've been trying my gli plate and I think I am overmixing my colors. I love the separate ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. It is hard to not overmix. I am working on waiting until one layer dries and then adding more layers, rather than trying to get it done all in one printing. If that makes sense.

      Delete