Thursday, April 24, 2014

WT476- A tree is known...

For Arbor Day, the Ways to Use it challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to make a card with a tree. I chose to make a mixed media card using a sentiment and tree from Diane's Daydream Designs set called HUG A TREE.  I also used BOUQUET OF DAISIES  I started by physically layering 3 scrap pieces of dp with a page from an encyclopedia. I then scanned them into my computer I then layered the digital tree and flowers and sentiment and printed it. I then ink spray smashed it with blues and greens. I painted the tree and leaves with watercolors. I then used plastic wrap and white paint to add some texture to the page. I also used white paint and bubblewrap. I then painted the daisies with white paint. I used the ends of the paint brush to put random dots. I also splattered the white paint with a toothbrush. I took a black ink pen and outlined the tree and the daisies. Added burlap ribbon and a strip of white cardstock punched with SU border punch. I stapled the burlap and added 4 little white brads.  I am going to share this card with the WORD ART WEDNESDAY challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Whew! That is certainly art at it's best. A super great card. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
    Abundant Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fascinating MariLynn - love the texture and colours that you have achieved here with a beautiful result.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE LOVE the mixed media look of this. I really want to try it on some cards instead of canvas. I know it takes a ton of time, and this one is beyond gorgeous. What amazing artistic talent you have, my friend!

    ReplyDelete