Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Plaid, Peach, Poppies, Piano, Prayer card

I love making cards that represent alliteration. Plaid, Peach, Poppies, Piano, Prayer card.

It has been a long time since I joined a Tuesday Tea Party Challenge at SCS.(MMTPT296) This week was to make an encouraging card for fellow cardmaker Kathleen who is going to have surgery.  Today's SCS482 sketch challenge on SCS was a really pretty one. I did something with my card that I rarely do, I flipped the sketch sideways. My card was inspired by this piano card. Super easy. I used my word window punch and punched 10 white and 7 black to make the piano keys. The two intersecting small panels I made with drywall tape that I rubbed copper inka gold on top. The copper looks really good with the peach/orange color combo. The black and white plaid dp, sentiment and the poppies are from a digital set from Daydream Designs. It is from one of the new Spring sets called. POPPIES FOR YOU.(Make sure you stop by my blog on Friday, Daydream Designs will be having a blog hop where everyone is a winner.)  I made my card into an easel card. It is finished off with baby's breath and die cut branches. I used 3 different techniques to do the poppies. I printed them out and Watercolored them. Then I cut them out and did Paper Tole and finally I did Burned Glue to make the centers. This card will be entered in this week's Word Art Wednesday (WAW126)

      
This shows a close up of the drywall tape with the copper on it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh nuts, I lost my comment when I went to check the piano card you cased. I like your so much,. Using the word window was brilliant and making it an easel card even more so. Your flowers and foliage are always A+. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariLynn this is simply beautiful - love the dimension the poppies give and how striking they are against the plaid and the piano! The touch of drywall tape is perfect.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a piano player, and lover of all thing beautiful, I have to say that this card is AWESOME! I love it, MariLynn, Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this one with us, it's a treat. You are so super talented and I'm grateful that you share your talents with us.
    Blessings & Hugs to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete