Friday, December 3, 2010

SUITE DREAMS


The free for all challenge was to make a card base on the Nutcracker Suite. I grew up in a musical family and knew the music for the Nutcracker Suite long before I ever saw the ballet. I was very disturbed by the fight between the Mouse King and the Nutcracker the first time I saw the ballet. I went with a collage look for my card. I printed the title and ballet shoes using Microsoft word. I stamped and cut out the ticket. I added sparkly lace for the sugar plum fairy. The Nutcracker is from a Mark's Finest Papers set called Christmas Postage Due. Did you see the tail of the Mouse King in the corner? The gold music notes are from a Layers of Color set called Joyful Noise.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love this - it is a fun creation, and yet says it all :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect, MariLynn!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete