Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quilled flower birthday card

I made this card for one of my coworkers who has a January birthday. I quilled the flwoer and added pearls and beads to the center and petals. The embossed silver was aluminum foil glued to a cereal box. I then ran the foil covered box through my cuttlebug using and embossing folder. I stitched the panels onto the base of the card and added a ribbon at the top. The sentiment comes from my Mark's Finest Papers set called HEARTS, HEARTS, HEARTS.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love your recycling :-) Great use, and a great card - you must be really enjoying the quilling.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn
    I loved their jobs. They're cute and very creative.
    The tutorial of the card is very well explained and this red hat, very graceful.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leave a comment affectionate.
    Have a great 2011!
    Nagela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marilynn, what a GORGEOUS quilled card!! Love your flower--I wanna learn how to do that, LOL. And love your color combo too! Great job =) Have a blessed New year!

    ReplyDelete