Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Spring Fling- Bible Art Journal Page

Join STAMPlorations for our SPRING FLING blog hop and linky party. 


Happy Spring.  This has been an interesting year so far hasn't it. Who would have guess that 2020 would be like this? I have been spending a lot more time in my Bible Art Journal.  I really like how this page in my journal turned out. Let me tell you about it.

I started by taking ARTplorations Doodle Tulips stencil. 
preview-doodledtulips

I used the stencil with my gel plate and white acrylic paint and white cardstock.
This is the print that I got. 


I then took watercolors and colored over the painted areas. I then splattered the page. 


I have been focusing on the presence of God.  Our only hope is that God is with us. We can be with him because he loves us. John 3:16.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.   

I chose to do hand lettering of Psalm 33:22


Prizes:
- THREE (3) winners of $10 gift code drawn from comments left on the main blog and designers' blogs
- TWO (2) winners of her choice of STAMPlorations product with a value of up to $10 drawn from comments left on the main blog and designers' blogs
- TWO (2) winners of her choice of STAMPlorations product with a value of up to $15 drawn from entries in the linky party
- ONE (1) winner of $25 gift code drawn from entries in the linky party

Commenting and linking up end on Sunday, May 31, with winners announced on June 10 in the May winners post.


I used a scrap monoprint that had complimentary colors to make an interesting mat. 
If you would like to add this fabulous stencil to your stash, you can use my discount code to get 20% off your purchase.  If you buy from the SPRING FLING section of the store you get and additional 15% off combined with my discount code making them 35%. 


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! I love your technique and the colors as well - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely scripture and beautiful work with your Bible journalling. Love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, So uplifting and Inspirational. I need to try something like this. Focusing on my relationship with my Lord. Thanks for the Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous verse and sooooo beautiful! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I really like your colors. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and inspiring. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and great scripture for the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page and a beautifully written scripture MariLynn. Love howyou achieved this beautiful result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Perfect soft background for your beautifully lettered verse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. So full of color and such an awesome message.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. So pretty in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neat look you created with the acrylic paint and then watercolouring that image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun way to use your stencil - I love the acrylic paint print in white!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a work of art. Loving your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, love your art journaling.

    ReplyDelete