Saturday, May 2, 2020

Angel page

The thought process for my bible journal page with an angel. 

I started by reading Exodus 23:20-22
After reading I knew I wanted to paint an angel for my bible art journal.
I typed angel into the search bar on Pinterest and this was one of the results that popped up. 
A painting by 
Ivan Guarderrama


I turned the photo upside down. By turning it upside down I was able to draw the basic shapes, not the "angel" image I might have in my imagination.


I sketched it lightly with a pencil.


Then with my drawing still upside down, I water colored the angel. 
Putting colors down similar to the inspiration photo.


How my finished angel looked when I turned it right side up and carefully erased the pencil marks.
(hint- make sure the water color paint is completely dry so erasing doesn't tear the paper.)





3 comments:

  1. I'm going to link this in one of my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful result MariLynn - love your angel!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete