Friday, May 1, 2020

Bible journal pages for 5-1-20

I was very busy today creating and studying my bible and spending time in creative worship.  I was running out of room in my little bible art journals so I got my sewing machine out and made a few more today. I think it is so fun to have a "NEW" journal to create in.  This first page is for a bible study that I am part of that is studying the attributes of God. I had 3 little strips of cardstock left over from making the little albums. I decided to paint flowers on each strip and put them in my journal and write the scripture on a separate strip. This is for the attribute of God's Lordship, Power and Majesty.  The scripture for that is Psalm 29:4




If you would like to join us at Sacra Via Scripture Study, Art and Journaling, you can check that out here: 

 Image may contain: possible text that says 'Coming in May: 31 Declarations tions About God. Join us at Sacra Via: Scripture Study, Art and Journaling for this study! The link to our group is below. Facebook.com/grops/12309607837392 89607837392 Facebook.com WORD Swag'
Another bible study that I am a part of is: YOU ministries Bible Journaling 
This week we are focusing on the SOAP method. So of course I had to add some soap bubbles.  Along with learning methods of journaling we are studying about Obedience. 




The last page is for a bible study that I am doing with some friends on facebook. The lesson this week was about being drawn to God. The art prompt was to draw. So I drew this butterfly and then watercolored it then added one of the scriptures from this week's lesson. I have tried to draw butterflies before, but because I had an idea in my head of how it should look, I didn't draw what I was looking at but more what I was feeling. My sister and I when we were little read that if you turn what you are drawing upside down it tricks your brain into drawing more what you see. I saw this butterfly with rainbow on pinterest. I turned the picture sideways and then drew it. 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful journaling MariLynn - loving that each illustration is so totally different - I think your butterfly is exquisite.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete